Friendsgiving Shabbat Weekend – OneTable Miami
Friday, November 17, 2023 — OneTable, Repair the World Miami, JCS Kosher Food Bank, and Buddy System are teaming up to help you create a meaningful and justice-oriented Friendsgiving experience. This Friendsgiving weekend will be an opportunity to serve your local community, learn about complicated topics, and gather with loved ones over a Shabbat dinner.
Below, you will find a menu of options. Choose your own adventure!
Thursday November 16 – SERVE and LEARN: Join Repair the World Miami at 6:30pm at Converge Miami to pick up your hosting materials and learn about food justice while packing hygiene bags for JCS Kosher Food Bank. Register at WeRepair.org/Miami!
Thursday, November 16 or Friday, November 17 – SERVE on your own: Buy or pack accepted food items and deliver to your local community fridge! Help feed those in need this Thanksgiving. Use guidelines from Buddy System about what to pack, how to label it, and where to deliver food items.
Friday November 17 – GATHER and HOST: Share your learning with your community by hosting your Shabbat dinner with OneTable.
Post your Shabbat dinner and you’ll receive:
- $10 Nourishment per person (up to $300 per dinner) to elevate your evening, regardless of if the dinner is private or public
- Use your resources that you picked up on Thursday at Converge or download this Shabbat Guide from OneTable with a Friendsgiving resource from Repair the World Miami (stay tuned!).
Sound good!? Shabbat posting deadline reminders:
- Tues, Nov. 14: Post your dinner by 11:59pm (or post now – more planning time!)
- Tues, Nov. 14: Select your Nourishment by 11:59pm
- Wed, Nov. 15: Make sure your guests RSVP on OneTable, your Nourishment is based on how many guests have RSVPd by Wednesday at 11:59pm
- To make your dinner eligible for bonus Nourishment, add this to the end of your dinner description: This dinner is part of a partnership with OneTable and Repair the World Miami. By RSVPing to this dinner, you are agreeing to receive communications from both organizations.
- Upload this as your dinner cover photo: