The Shabbat Canvas Project
OneTable (that’s us) is looking for artists to bring even more magic to our community’s Shabbat dinners.
Who are we? OneTable empowers people who don’t yet have a consistent Shabbat dinner practice to build one that feels authentic, sustainable, and valuable. OneTable is a national nonprofit funded to support people (21-39ish) looking to find and share this powerful experience. Our approach to Shabbat dinner is non-prescriptive. We encourage our participants to envision what their gathering might be, and we work alongside them to provide the support they need to create that result. OneTable’s primary goal is for emerging adults to become the producers of their own experiences, and for Shabbat dinner to become a platform for community building.
What are we looking for? All OneTable dinners are posted on our dinners platform so people can join each other, virtually, irl, or in spirit. Each host chooses a dinner photo to represent their Friday night plans, either uploading their own or choosing from our rotating options.
We’re seeking art (dimensions: 940×788 pixels) that combines Shabbat dinner with other occasions important to us. Currently, we’re seeking:
- Shabbat + Black History Month
- Shabbat + Lunar New Year
- Shabbat + Jewish Disabilities Awareness, Acceptance, and Inclusion Month (JDAIM)
- Shabbat + Mental Health Awareness Month
We especially want to hear from artists who find personal meaning or connection to these moments.
How your art will be used: By submitting your art to OneTable, you are granting us the right to add selected images to our image carousel options on our dining platform indefinitely and may feature these images, with attribution, in an email, or emails, to our users. (Not all images submitted will be selected for use.)
How to submit: Send your submission (limit 3 entries per person) to this form.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From time to time, OneTable runs competitions, giveaways and promotions. Please read the Terms and Conditions below prior to entering.
By entering a competition, giveaway or promotional event run by OneTable you agree to the Terms & Conditions below, even if you have not read them.
1. The promoter is OneTable.
2. Employees of OneTable or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Closing dates for contest entries are posted for each contest separately, if relevant. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted. Please refer to the specific contest for more details.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
7. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
8. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
9. Winners will be chosen by an impartial panel.
10. The winner will be notified via email within 24 hours of the decision. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
11. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
12. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by United States law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United States. Void where prohibited.
15. The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current United States data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
16. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
18. Winners are selected by an impartial panel of OneTable employees.