“Friday night was so great. I haven’t had a community Shabbat experience like that in a long time and definitely would not have without OneTable. It made me want to host way more often!”
So, you’re thinking about hosting a Shabbat dinner. Amazing! We’ve outlined the simple process below, but if you have any more questions check out our FAQ.
Become a Host:
First, we want to get to know you. Fill out this short form and tell us about yourself:
But, Why Host?
- Awesome Karma
- Seriously. Shabbat dinner creates the kind of joy that swings right back around to you. It’s the kind of gift that keeps on giving.
- Deeper Connections
- When you host, you endear yourself to your pals who didn’t make the effort (this time), and you may end up welcoming fresh faces into your circle.
- A Full Table
- We’ll help with the food – you set the menu.*
- Nosh:pitality Events – Reclaiming the Lost Art of Hosting
- You’re not doing this alone. We’re here through the whole process, from invites to décor to themes and even etiquette. You and your friends are invited to a series of events that will make you an expert in party-giving, a serious skill set that will never stop coming in handy.
- One-on-One Support
- We really want to get to know you. Sit down for a drink or phone call with your Hub Manager or our Resident Rabbi, and receive tailored support from a Shabbat Coach who gets who you are, where you’re coming from, and what you need.
*OneTable partners with different on-demand services to make hosting easier. Currently, hosts choose from a range of Nourishment options like ordering from Seamless, getting groceries delivered via Instacart, or picking out table decor on Etsy. OneTable provides credit of $10-$15 per person (with a maximum of $150 per dinner) depending on the number of guests.
Sounds Good, Now What?
Consider sharing the love with a co-host — a friend, roommate, sibling, or partner. You can have a different co-host for each dinner.
Start a guest list. OneTable dinners are 5 or more people, you included!
Tell your guests all about OneTable. There’s even a guide. Maybe they’ll host the next one!
Once you register to be a Host you will have access the OneTable social dining platform. It will help you create, organize your meal, manage RSVPs, develop your unique Shabbat dinner style, and join the community of Hosts.