Challah for Hunger is partnering with OneTable to create welcoming and inspiring Friday night dinners.
Challah for Hunger Toolkit
Challah for Hunger builds communities that are inspired and equipped to take action against hunger. Shabbat offers an opportunity to gather together to learn and reflect and we hope you’ll do exactly that with the help of our toolkit.
In the Toolkit, you’ll find our basic recipe for challah, and a conversation guide created by our program team and our friends at Repair the World. We’ll also send you a surprise Challah for Hunger goody as a thank you for hosting a meal.
Questions? Email Loren at email@example.com.
Host a Dinner
- Apply to Host: The OneTable hosting application is quick and easy to complete.
- Post your Dinner: After your hosting application is approved, post your dinner.
- Invite Friends: After you post your dinner, you’ll get a link to share with your friends to provide information about your dinner.
Attend a Dinner
- Nourishment Credits:
- OneTable provides Nourishment credit to hosts ($15 per person, up to 10 people).
- These credits can be applied to resources such as FreshDirect, Instacart, Seamless, Whole Foods, Etsy and more. Select your Nourishment of choice after posting your dinner!
- Shabbat Coaches:
- One-on-one support where each host can explore the questions or challenges they face when hosting a Jewish dinner – whether it’s about cooking or rituals or anything in-between.
- After posting a dinner, your Hub Manager can match you with a Shabbat Coach if you wish.
Host a Table