Infinite Light Shabbanukkah Dinners on Dec. 8
Feeling called to host a fun gathering celebrating the miracle of lights? This year, light up your world with a delicious meal during NuRoots and OneTable’s Shabbanukkah extravaganza — and get double Nourishment to brighten the night.
NuRoots’ ninth annual Infinite Light festival returns December 7 with a weeklong celebration of Hanukkah and a full slate of in-person events all over L.A. OneTable and NuRoots are teaming up to help you host the Shabbanukkah of your dreams on December 8.
As an Infinite Light Superhost, you’ll receive ALL of the things to create and reimagine your own Hanukkah Shabbat through double Nourishment — up to $600! — and to enhance your gathering experience during the festival. This is first-come and first-served with limited spots available, so sign up and post your dinner ASAP to take advantage!
What does hosting look like for you? This year, Infinite Light is leaning into Hachnasat Orchim — the Jewish value of hospitality and welcoming guests — and by hosting (and posting) as part of the festival, we’re offering three awesome ways for you, our community members, to elevate your Shabbanukkah dinner.
The Shabbanukkah Co-Lab
A personalized design session video call with OneTable and NuRoots experiential experts. During the call, we’ll explore creative ideas and wisdom for your table!
A community of hosts across Los Angeles to further connect with and plan alongside.
Double the Nourishment
On this special night of Shabbat + Hanukkah, we’ll Nourish designated hosts at twice the normal amount — up to $600!
Nourishment is a resource OneTable offers hosts who need or want a little extra help to elevate their dinners. Gift cards to a variety of grocery stores and restaurants — plus OneTable swag, a curated collection of books, and some partnered companies — are available nationally.
And what’s Double Nourishment?
NuRoots will be increasing your resources by double — up to $200 for invite-only dinners and up to $600 for Public or Public – Host Approval dinners.
Shabbanukkah Extravaganza 101
- Not a OneTable host quite yet? Register by Dec. 4, then email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Infinite Light — I want to host!”
- Post your Dec. 8 Hanukkah Shabbat dinner on the OneTable platform by Dec. 5 at 11:59 pm.
- Make sure to add Infinite Light to the title of your dinner when you post on the platform.
- We’ll add a special Infinite Light graphic as your dinner cover photo and add this to your dinner description: “This dinner is part of NuRoots’ Infinite Light Hanukkah festival. Learn more and discover the lineup at nuroots.org/infinitelight.”
- Attend one group coaching call in the weeks leading up to your gathering. You’ll have the option to pick one of the following — Nov. 27 at 7:00 pm or Dec. 5 at 7:00 pm.
- Join our WhatsApp group of Superhosts (a link will be sent out once your event has been approved).
To participate, meet these easy deadlines:
We encourage you to sign up sooner than later as this special opportunity is limited!
- 11.27 or 12.5 — participate in a coaching call
- 12.4 — apply to become a OneTable host
- 12.5 — post your Shabbanukkah dinner
- 12.8 — host your Shabbanukkah dinner