Foundation for Jewish Camp is partnering with OneTable to help you bring your passion for Jewish camp to your table.
Camp Alumni Shabbat
Remember those sweet summer nights, celebrating Shabbat at camp? Bring that spirit to others at your own table!
Foundation for Jewish Camp has teamed up with OneTable and a handful of camps to help you share your love of
camp, traditions, and community with friends and other camp alumni. We’ll support you to provide all the essentials, from food to ritual items and other resources for up to 10 people. (And if you’ve got more than 10 guests, that’s ok too!)
Consider having s’mores for dessert or asking you camp for the recipe to your favorite camp meal (grilled cheese, anyone?), maybe sing some songs and decorate like a campfire, or incorporate your favorite camp traditions into the meal. Not sure where to start planning? OneTable’s Shabbat Coaches can help you plan your personalized ideal camp Shabbat dinner!
Connect with your camp’s professional staff and let them know you want to host a dinner!
List of Participating Camps
B’nai B’rith Camp – Beaverton, Oregon
Capital Camps and Retreat Center
JCC Camp Chi
JCC Camp Kingswood
Ramah Day Camp in Nyack
Surprise Lake Camp
URJ Camp Coleman
URJ Crane Lake Camp
URJ Eisner Camp
Contact your area’s Hub Manager to connect with a Shabbat Coach. They’ll help guide you through personalizing your ideal experience.
Then, use your Shabbat dinner’s unique link to invite friends to RSVP!
Email Jill Goldstein Smith: Jill@jewishcamp.org
Host a Dinner
- Apply to Host: The OneTable hosting application is quick and easy to complete.
- Post your Dinner: After your hosting application is approved, post your dinner.
- Invite Friends: After you post your dinner, you’ll get a link to share with your friends to provide information about your dinner.
Attend a Dinner
- Nourishment Credits:
- OneTable provides Nourishment credit to hosts ($15 per person, up to 10 people).
- These credits can be applied to resources such as FreshDirect, Instacart, Seamless, Whole Foods, Etsy and more. Select your Nourishment of choice after posting your dinner!
- Shabbat Coaches:
- One-on-one support where each host can explore the questions or challenges they face when hosting a Jewish dinner – whether it’s about cooking or rituals or anything in-between.
- After posting a dinner, your Hub Manager can match you with a Shabbat Coach if you wish.
Host a Table